08-09-2007, 05:13 AM   #19
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa View Post
Hi Jamie, I've got an O2 Atom Life, which is a Windows Mobile phone like the iMate series. Mine has worked really well for me so far, but I have not used it in any real anger - I don't do that many mobile calls generally.

The phone book downloads to the car perfectly, and where a person has multiple numbers (home, work, mobile), the car puts a (h) (w) or (m) alongside the number - which I really like and was an unexpected pleasant surprise.

Only problem with these phone/pdas is battery life. If you use it in any real anger it lasts for one day at most (as you have probably discovered)...
Yes, I love the (h) (w) (m) too as it makes the multiple entries thing work really well. Multiple entries on my Noika were not accessible.

I do regret that a snap in module isn't available to charge the phone, and I don't like those dicky after market things that plug into your lighter socket. I do have one for emergencies, but if I try to put it in the socket in the centre armrest it doesn't let the lid close... I have to find a smaller one, then it is all out of sight.

The thing I do miss though is being able to access the car antenna which boosts power. The Next G coverage is pretty good without it, but I am sure that with the car antenna boost it would be excellent.

At the moment, I can almost drive from Adelaide to Robe on the SE coast of SA without a dropout, so that is much better than my GSM coverage was... so I am just a whinger