01-16-2013, 02:03 AM   #12
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
Nice car Peter....right decision on the Countryman too You deserved the disapproval for that one

Yes....yes!!!! I do this all the time (quite literally the amount of cars I buy ). Some salesmen bloody hate it but others understand why you're doing it and just accept it....I even think it makes their life easier when going to their manager to get discount approved as all they have to do is tell their manager that of they don't do the deal, someone else will.

It helps that most of these brokers use official main dealers to fulfil the orders so they can't even use the excuse that you're not getting the car the 'official' way!

Although, I once purchased a Grande Punto (yes I know....can you actually believe it!!) through Broadspeed and that was delivered to my house. Quite a result really as it meant I didn't have to step foot in to Fiat showroom (it was sold 3 months later so I really NEVER had to expose myself to that....Vicki's brother bought it and it's still going strong 4 years later though )
Grande Punto to SLS in 4 years! (Via few other decent bits of kit) ...I think a Palmnuts car history thread is required!

I don't think the Audi dealer had a problem with me checking up on the DtD price in front of him. DtD quoted a £1800 discount, he punched the figures in his calculator and said that was a 9% discount and he said that they most definately could not match that. What I got was free metallic (£525 or so) and then, to meet my monthly budget, I think there was another £700 or so taken off and there was the subsidised 6.9% APR finance. So, about £1225 off without much pushing. I would also prefer to deal direct with a dealer of my choice face to face, rather than one foisted on me by DtD which could be a long way away, so paying slightly more in this case is acceptable to me.

The Audi dealer is Inchcape group so probably not the largest out there.
Appreciate 0