View Single Post
      06-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #377
dukeandtheland
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 550i M-Sport

Finally decided to do this - Please help!

Logic 7, 2008 335xi, no navigation.

I have ordered the technic harness; JBL MS-8, earthquake SWS-8, 4ohm (in stead of Morel CW-8) and Dynavin E9x. I am waiting on Jason to get me the spacers for SWS.

My questions:

1. What's your suggestion on a paticular model of amp to drive the SWS? If anybody on the board can sell me one directly please PM me model and price.

2. Seems like there is one tweeter added to the center. Any suggestions on which model should I get? Again, If anybody on the board can sell me one directly please PM me model and price.

3. This thread has been very beneficial to me except it does not mention anything about Dynavin integration. Is there anything in paticular about putting in the Dynavin to replace the stock radio during this integration process? What are the tweaks and caliberation to be done on the Dynavin HU?

4. One dumb question - the old stock amp inside the driver side truck will be completely removed, right? By doing that, I lose the door chime, etc.

I have talked to a local installer who seems to know what he's talking about. Once I have all items ready I will have him do the wiring.

So I am doing all the following except the Morel part---

Copy and paste of kaigoss69's route from the 1st post:

"System Configuration #1c by kaigoss69:
- Channels 1 & 2: OEM L7 door speakers (4" midrange and 1" tweeter)
- Channels 3 & 4: Morel CW-8 woofers under seats
- Channel 5: OEM L7 center 4" midrange with 1" L7 tweeter added
- Channels 6 & 7: OEM Rear Deck speakers & Rear side speakers in parallel
- Amplification: MS-8 internal amp for channels 1, 2, 5 - 7. Ch 3 & 4 externally amp'ed with 150W/Ch."
---------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0