View Single Post
      10-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #43
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road King View Post
I have a 2011 BMW N55 E92 with 6MT. The 6MT shifts were not smooth and were uneven. A lot of clutch modulation was required to decent shifts for normal around town driving. I put in a modified clutch delay valve to allow more fluid in the chamber, and this improved the shifts a little. I got this idea from this forum, thanks. I had the BMW power kit (software only) installed. This provided a nice increase in power, but the shifts were not any better, and I got a little turbo lag that wasn't apparent before. Next, I installed AFE air scoops which are very easy to install. You don't even have to remove the kidney grills, and you don't have to drill any holes. I really felt the power increase, and it even improved the shifts. I was still not satisfied with the shifts and the lag though so I ordered the HP Autowerke Foam Air Filter. This really made a difference. I get really good shifts now, a little more power and better throttle response. I had a K&N, but the HP filter really made the difference.
Nice review!
Appreciate 0