View Single Post
      11-06-2007, 07:25 AM   #52
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTurboBullett View Post
Please don't use other piggybacks as a baseline to judge ours. Our piggyback has not lag or check engine lights as the boost control is done in a tuned matter. The interesting thing to note here is that even if we decided to control boost directly our analog maps would look the same as we achieved the boost response curve we were after. One thing that you lose when taking over boost is the factory overboost failsafe, which then puts the overboost protection to the throttle body. I don't know nor do I care why other tuners have had issues tuning this car in this manner, all I know is its working perfectly for us as proven by dyno as well as track times. If maintainig a stock look is a concern I'm sure I can maintain that look with some creative vacuum routing.
what first prompted you to bypass the solenoid? Was it because thats how everyone else did it, or is it seriously something that is common practice in the tuning world? I still dont fully understand how this bypass "helps" things... what exactly is it doing?
Appreciate 0