View Single Post
      02-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #214
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hey guys, I wanted to give everyone a head's up. During testing of an older rom this week, we've found an issue with some of BMW's DME code. This code can cause a serious issue while flashing and could possibly leave the car inoperable. The team and myself worked very hard to find this issue, it's root cause, and create a solution for everyone. I put the finishing touches on some new firmware this evening and we'll run it through final testing next week.

Because, of this issue, please do NOT flash your vehicle at his time if you have a 9780B or 96A0B rom.

There are only a few of you with these roms (they are a very early revision) and most if not all should have received an email from us regarding the issue. I just wanted to post here as well to make sure everyone knows. We haven't seen a failure in the field, but we want to make sure that this is not an issue for anyone.

If you do have one of the bad roms, we will let you know when the fw fix is released and you will then be able to safely uninstall your AP. At the point, you'll just need to go to your dealer and get your DME updated to a later rom revision that does not have the bug. Once this is done, you can install the Accessport to enjoy your added power again!

In the future we will not support any 96A0B or 9780B roms as the code is too volatile. These roms have been updated by BMW for a reason and the new roms seem to be a much better running tune as well (even stock).

As always, you can contact us about any questions you might have by replying to this email, emailing support@cobbtuning.com, or calling us at 866-922-3059. We appreciate your patience and understanding with this issue.

Also, feel free to PM or email me directly if you have any questions or concerns.
josh.dankel@cobbtuning.com

-Josh
Appreciate 0