AoshichanX
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
I called Savage BMW in Ontario, CA.

Parts Adviser told me there was no solution to my car, as for the bluetooth module to fit, I needed to have a certain "package".

Then I provided the Tischer part # and he said "Oh, hmm yeah that would work; why didn't you give this to me earlier. Ok that would be $1500, let me transfer you to service. After they install the TCU unit, you would need software update, let me transfer you now."

The service adviser (after a 20 minute wait): "I apologize for the wait. I talked my shop foreman and he looked at me kinda weird and said: 'All 07 335is should have phone preparation.'" So I gave him my VIN and he confirmed I had satellite and phone preparation. So then we back to square one with him suggesting I just get a bluetooth module.

However, he DID quote that a TCU installation with labor is 3 hours: $396.24. for 3 hours of labor, including the necessary programming to get it to work.

Ok the SA called me back telling me that because I don't have BMW Assist (DUH! no ZPP ) I have no wiring capability to accept a TCU unit equipped with bluetooth.

So I asked him to humor me and kindly look up the SIB and he said he will call me back.
Appreciate 0