11-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
Minichamps
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Delivered June 27 '07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec_893 View Post
Hey Mattew,
I have a 335i too and my warranty is up in 3 months so I'm interested to know if BMWHK will cover after the warranty is expired. When u say HPFP problem, did u experience long crank during startup? I read from the US forum that the fuel pump problem maybe related to the bad gas they have over there, what fuel do you put in? In another thread, I saw you car has jb3 and other mods. I'm not sure if this is related but you may want to remove you mod first if you want to press for warranty claim. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hey Minichamp,
I have the exact DSC/ABS pump a month ago and BMW replaced the pump for me cuz my car is still under warranty. I asked the guy at TKW and he said the part will cost close to $30K to replace if I have to pay out of my own pocket. I will be really pissed if this happens after warranty expires given my mileage hasn't even reach 15k yet. It is ridiculous for such an expensive part to fail so early. Kind of make me a bit regret not joining their service plan. Good luck with your claim with BMW

ec_893
Hi ec,

Yes, my friend told me that part alone costs $29,800. I am glad that my part failed only 4 months after my warranty expired, so I can still claim it. My car is also very low mileage (18K km). Before your warranty expires try to make BMWHK change the door locks for you. This is also a well known problem for E9X. They changed all my locks, that saved me at least $10k