View Single Post
      02-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #20
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Back in Sept '10, when I ordered this E92, we still had the choice of regular Sport Pkg or M-Sport pkg. The difference between the 2 packages was so minimal, I am not sure why anybody would have not paid the small extra for the M-Sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_milo View Post
Small extra????? When I got my car the M-sport was $3,000 while the Sport Pack was $1,300. So basically the difference is about the same as the cost of the Premium package.

Personally, I used the price difference plus a couple hundred to get the Navigation. Since the sport pack gives me the seats, I was good and used the extra money for other items I would find more useful. But to each their own.

My point is simply if the "small extra" is the cost of an entire other package, it ain't small.
Wow, looks like I hit a nerve by saying the difference is minimal, sorry guys. I still don't think $1700 is that big of a price to have a car that handles and also looks the way I want it to.

Mr_Milo, if you have an E92, you pretty much spent $1300 just for the seats you wanted. It makes me spending $1700 for things I would have changed anyway look even better to me. I hate the E92 LCI bumpers, they'd have to go, and the sills would have to go too. That would have eaten up most of the $1700 there and closes the gap even more for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
The difference between Sport and M-Sport packages is purely cosmetic, i.e. you get everything that really matters with Sport package already. For most driving-oriented car owners I know the idea of them choosing something for purely cosmetic reasons is insulting, to say the least. I personally would (and do) make a point by explicitly avoiding M-Sport package on a non-M car.

BTW, the price difference between Sport and M-Sport is not "minimal". If memory serves, M-Sport was not 2x more expensive, but almost 2x more expensive.
AndreyT, do you mean to tell me that all of the cosmetic changes that people do around here are insulting to you? When people get new rims, or M-tech bumpers, or splitters,clear side markers or change their interior trim, shifters, pedals, it's insulting to most driving oriented car owners? Seriously.

That all being said, I really do wish they had a different name other than "M" sport with the little M's all over everything on a non "M" car, so I think we have common ground there.

Last edited by wrickem; 02-09-2012 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0