spiike32
Major
Rep
Drives: Mineral White F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
Wow that's far for you..
So, we just sign up, pay $50, and go?
Do we need anything else but a helmet and tow hook? I've never taken my car there, so I am unsure.
Yep!

So usually track days go like this:
Pay online and show up at the designated time. We all get there and they'll have a video on the course and go over flags and track etiquette. Then the track coordinators will break people into groups based on your familiarity with the track and if you've ever tracked. Advanced group goes out first for 20 mins while intermediate and beginners watch a video on turn apex and some additional tips on how to drive on the track. eg difficult turns, brake zone, powering through turn, how to pass, how to point to pass, etc. Sessions are around 20 mins long per group. Depends on the track but you actually don't typical put the tow hook on your car as long as you have one in your trunk (BMW's come with one in the trunk, looks like a loop on a screw). The whole "tow here" and bright arrow thing... don't do that. lol.

Since this is a private event and some people already know each other... it will be super chill and probably the friendliest track day you'll ever experience. Advanced group will be trying to get some good times while intermediate and beginner will be more focused on achieving a good line vs best time. Most of the people will be in the intermediate/beginner group because they're new to Blackhawk and wont push their car to the limit since they need to drive it home. e.g. one of my friends wont even bring his GT3 RS and instead bring his 911 since it's just a laid back track day with friends. To be honest it's events like this that will forever have you hooked on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacutiej View Post
How much for insurance?
I am confirming if helmets are available as well as insurance. I go to Team Stradale and LAPS INC events at Autobahn CC and typically insurance goes for $250 for the day and helmets and head sock provided by the teams if you need one. I'm waiting on a text to confirm if these will be provided by Blackhawk (I will be very surprised if it isn't).

Just to give you guys a point of reference, here is Team Stradale's track day pricing. http://www.teamstradale.com/reservations.html. $250 for the day, $250 if you want extra insurance, and $650-900 if you want to rent one of their cars. Here is LAPS Inc pricing. http://lapsincorporated.com/sign-up $300-$500/day depending on the event and $300 for track insurance.

Current: Tesla Model 3 Performance Retired: F80 M3, FBO 335i, 318ti, C7 Stingray

Last edited by spiike32; 08-08-2013 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0