09-22-2008, 09:26 PM   #18
Azrielsc
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmats View Post
You helped motivate me to do it, so thanks to you for the encouragement and helpful advice/pics. Driving with the new wheel is awesome, and although you know it's exactly the same (other than tactile), it feels like a different car.

For anyone considering this, it's a fairly easy mod to do. Read the DIY and it will cover everything except the paddles. This wheel currently costs $390 + $60 shipping from qalbeli on eBay (before any Microsoft "Live" discounts, which was 8% the last time I looked). I've been watching this wheel for the past several months and it's not getting any cheaper!
Yup, can't keep my hands off the wheel! Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenskid24 View Post
? we do? mine is an 08 and i dont...i have non sport..it doesnt really make a difference to me though, just looks better with the smaller wheel.
The M3 steering wheel is not smaller than stock. It is just thicker so it gives the illusion that its smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik999 View Post
nice stuff

but why not just use the M3 shifters?

just a rewire job, right?
U don't have to rewire anything if u already have your stock paddles. The M3 paddles are just plug & play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk07335i View Post
m3 paddles aren't available yet
Seems like US don't have them but I managed to get the part numbers for the M3 paddles, if anyone is interested.

61 31 7 840 477 - Left
61 31 7 840 476 - Right

Cheers and congrats to all who got this mod! Its awesome!
Appreciate 0