Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post

I'm of the near opposite opinion.

1) The packed exhaust tips look cleaner and more precise than the outgoing C6's odd packaging.

2) It's for a few reasons:
  • Design trends are dictating higher use of black contrast graphics to reduce visual mass, making the car look lighter and more "dynamic".
  • Dedicating such a large surface area to the diffuser gives them room to make aggressive 3D graphics (i.e. faux, or even real, diffuser fins and/or other various inserts), which we'll potentially see once the higher-po variants come to fruition.

3) Arguably the most polarizing styling choice on the new C7--the deviation from the typically round taillights--is upsetting a lot of people. I think they did this because they needed to keep the design homogenous, and some circular taillights might have looked okay, but they wouldn't fit as well with the car's chiseled sheetmetal. Their design is definitely contemporary, with depth and modern shaping. Whether or not they age well is another story.

I think the proportions and depth of shaping needs to be seen in person before people make finalized opinions.
Cool
Appreciate 0