View Single Post
      03-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #66
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

I just did this mod and I figured out a relatively easy way to makeshift the white piece. here is what I did.

1) I wanted to bridge the two buttons on the circuit board together so I could get the left and right side to come on at the same time without trying to find something as wide as the white piece. I cut a tiny sliver of wood from one of those stirring sticks they give you at the paint store. I super glued it to both buttons. See pic (sorry for poor quality)

[IMG][/IMG]

2) I found the plastic cap to my super glue would work for the white piece. I used Loctite Super Glue Gel. See pic below.

[IMG][/IMG]

3) The cap will be too long. Cut the extra off from the WIDE side. You want to put the thin part of the cap into the back of the black button. If the piece is too wide it will expand the back of the button and it won't slide properly.

[IMG][/IMG]

4) Here it is:

[IMG][/IMG]

It is important to cut the blue super glue cap to the right length taking into account the wood piece. I forgot to measure it before I put it back together. Just take a little off at a time till it is right. Remeber to remove from the thicker end of the cap.

I hope some of you find this useful. I thought it was an easy solution.
Appreciate 0