03-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #15
AdiSinghV12
First Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport, X1, 525d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPWR View Post
Newer is usually better although at the moment I still vote e90 for looks..
The feelings are mutual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axztx View Post
I drove an F30 328i and was not impressed. Real soft suspension and handling and I didn't like the new engine. I don't know the european/asian model line but the US version of F30 328i is a downgrade from the e90/e92 in my opinion. The technology in the F30 is real nice tho.
Yeah buddy, I feel the same. The F30 has an electronic steering which is really disappointing for a Bimmer enthusiast. Big no to the F30 from me and that's one of the major reason. However, it'd be easier to drive in the city I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeek View Post
F30 looks great and it's newer tech. No brainer for me.
Yeah too some extent I do agree, but those raw E90 muscle and sharpness is missing. Looks more sophisticated I reckon. To each its own but that's what I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Also read on another forum that the F30 has a plastic oil pan and a steel front sub frame. I think BMW did a little cost savings with the F30.
Don't know about the highline variant but I'm pretty sure they did it on the lower editions :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackBimmer View Post
E90 has been in production for a few years = the bugs and kinks are worked out - for the most part.

F30 is brand new and with brand new = new problems. I would never buy a first run of production year of cars if I really had the choice...

and the discount you will get for an E90 will be worth it alone - and the differences between an E90 and F30 aren't worth nearly as much as $8 g's.
Wilco buddy. The current E90 has all the problems solved except the stiff ride quality that some owners complain. But who cares! Not worth spending $8,000 more
Appreciate 0