View Single Post
      11-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #12
luckyu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i, 1998 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
The zsp springs do feel a bit soft with the M3 bushings and the tires I'm running but it's plenty stiff for a DD. I know alot of guys will disagree (read Tibra1 ) with installing the M3 bushings and control arms w/o increasing spring stiffness but what's the point of increasing spring stiffness if you're still going to have excessive movement of the bushings? So, 'I' say try that first and go from there if needed.. My car handles and accelerates much more predictably than it did prior to these changes 'Luckyu' has driven my car; maybe he can explain it better?
Let me try to remember how it felt. It felt very smooth on the highway, with a lot of body movement, but not bouncy or oscillating, as I feel in my car. Impacts from the road sounded and felt distant. So I would say very tight, I agree no issues or weird stuff from torque steer or anything like that (I hardly tested that though), and more slow body movement side to side than I'm used to. Not much up and down movement, very smooth.

So those are my impressions as I remember them! Hope it helps!

(My car is a 328i manual and CVC's is a 335i auto, plus I'm on performance springs plus I'm riding on bump stops!)
2007 328i ZSP. M3 suspension: custom valved Bilstein shocks, Hyperco race springs, M3 lower control arms front and rear, M3 sway bars, and M3 subframe bushings. E46 front guide supports. Euro tail lights.
Appreciate 0