02-16-2012, 03:23 AM   #6
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimichangaz View Post
Thanks for the replies, how about drone problems? Does that get very annoying? Can you guys list some pros and cons? Thanks
I agree with whorning, its on sound preference but being that its a nicer tone than stock, it makes you feel faster cuz you can hear the roar. The pros are it being cheaper and sounds really great. Not to mention the cops don't really care too much for german imports. The cons, well depending on your driving it can lead to drone but since I have a 6mt with louder exhausts before, I know how to balance it out so I'm not too loud. Its not obnoxious only on some ice cold starts. So all in all, id say try it out without a res delete first then if you want it louder on high end, cut the resonator out and go from there honestly the muffler delete didn't seem loud enough for me hahaha but still a nice step in the modding world. The worst that can happen is you don't like it, you can always resell it and people will buy it pretty quickly. Drone for most people though, is when they shift too early and try to floor it. It creates a really loud exhaut note and kills gas too, not to mention it sounds a lot nicer when you rev it bmws have some big balls, its just covered like crazy! And you'll be cutting off about 20 lbs per muffer and 10 lbs from the resonator. So less weight and restriction = better flow and possibly more hp and backpressure if done correctly
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0