01-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #31
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fll335 View Post
Mike's answer.

Can someone post back over there that my front O2 sensor is still bad (defective) and that it was changing up my AFR's so I was making like 6-8 PSI of boost down low running way rich and building up to 10 PSI up top.

Still waiting on an O2 sensor so my car can get back up and going again. I tried to tell him that my car wasn't running right because of the O2 sensor but I guess he didn't hear.

Yes, my exhaust is loud, I have straight pipes.

That M5 was modded and had at least exhaust. It was very loud as well.

I was dying to do some pulls against an M5 but I was upset my car isn't making great boost through the powerband because of O2 sensor & wide band. The first run was even and he pulled me a little bit...like a car, by 120. The second run he pulled me a few cars and then I shut down and left the scene. I had 2 people in the car and the M5 had one person, just the driver, in the car. I just need a freaggn' O2 sensor so I can tear it up.

Ask that V2 car how wicked my car sounds when I'm on it.

Mike

OK, so now let me get this straight.
Mike's saying that his car is not running right and is only boosting 6-8 psi down low, and up to 10 psi peak up top.

And he wants us to believe he basically kept up (or only fell back a bit) against a V2 PROcede car (boosting 14.5+ psi) while only on 10 psi peak boost with a car that's not running well?

Am I understanding that correctly?
I'm just trying to keep all of VIP's claims straight.

1. 14 psi boost on their tuned Xede with DP's, CAI and some other minor go fast power mods gets a car that traps what was it again, around 120 mph with no spray?
2. With 14 psi boost on their tuned Xede, CAI, gutted DP's, straightpipe exhaust and a bad running car with bad O2 sensors that's really only boosting 10 psi max, you get a car that will trap in the 112-113 range to hang close to v2 PROcede only cars?

There must be something special in water at the VIP tuning shop, that's all I'm saying.
Appreciate 0