12-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGTR View Post
I spoke to someone at Southern BM today (it wasn't Andrew) and was quoted around the 1500 dollar mark to get to 220ish kW (basic tune) and around the 12,000-13,000k mark for 250-260 rwkw. Experience has its value but I'd rather buy all the parts myself and pay my own tuner to install/tune for essentially the same result.
Either sounds like a fkn good deal to me, as that would inlcude labour and a diff which most people overlook. Everyone who goes LSD say it's the best mod. The M3 with either stock 255's or the 295's on it now lays down the power 100x better than the stage 3+ 335i without LSD. Andrew also uses quality brands and would no doubt dyno and test/tune everything afterwards.

Installing DP's yourself is a prick of a job, well worth the $$$ to get someone else to do it. The best thing I ever did with the M3 was get Andrew to install everything and custom tune it. Pickup and drive away and haven't had 1 problem. The best part is, he loves it and is so enthusiatic about BMW's. The 335i was a nightmare, many lost weekends fk'ing around with tune firmware, aligning DP's cause they were hitting heat shield, silicone collars popping off the FMIC under boost, meth controller problems, jacking it up 500 times and removing those ~18 f'ing under tray bolts by hand... ended up calling the car "Hitler"
Appreciate 0