09-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Question Fixing lettering on style 313 BMW Performance Wheels

Hey All,

So I purchased a set of OEM 19" style 313s off a forum member this past weekend. While the wheels in general appear to be in very good condition, one wheel had to be repaired slightly when the shop removing the seller's tires narfed it up. Much to the chagrin of both the seller and me, (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that the truly didn't notice it...) the careless shop painted over the "BMW Performance" lettering on that wheel!

As a result, we agreed to a slightly lower price and now I have to address it. I am guessing that the lettering is paint and not a decal. Anyone have any suggestions on what my options would be to get this fixed? I'm wondering if a good wheel shop could make a stencil of the lettering on one of the "good" wheels and then mask off the wheel and paint it? There are no tires currently mounted on the wheels (and won't be until spring...)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
Sickem