Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car.

Garage List
2011 328 xi  [7.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch View Post
I'm still torn on the rear speakers. I know no one ever sits back there, and even if they do I wouldn't have the radio turned up, but I feel like I should be giving the rear speakers some love. I'm about to order from Ken for the fronts, but I wanted to see if anyone is considering upgrading the rears with their fronts? (I'm assuming yes since you are using a 6 channel amp)
i can definitively say i came from an old school mind set of "more speakers, bigger speakers, more powerful amps, yields better". during the upgrade path of my 328 i have learned that more isnt better.

rear speakers are a sham. when you put the right components in your car upfront, the right underseats, driven with the right amps, its going to blow away any 'surround' style set up.

i have Rainbow Profi components up front, Jehnert XE200s all coming off a 4ch zapco amp and the sound is unparallelled to anything ive hear before as far as balance, fullness and clarity.

i know it seems to go against what your instinct is saying but do the upgrade without doing the rears. you'll be impressed. if later your still not impressed you can always add them in.

also, a vote of confidence for VPs kits. you wont find a more fitting upgrade for our cars than from him.