Thread: Z4 Loaner Car
View Single Post
      05-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
rad21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Z4 Loaner Car

I brought my car in for the software emissions recall and they gave me a Z4 as a loaner. All I can say is that I miss driving my 330. I guess I am not the convertible type.
Here is my opinion of the Z4- the car looks great but the ride is bone jarring. The noise with the top up is way loud-you can hear people talking outside, street noise, etc. The seatbelt cuts into my neck no matter how I adjust the seat. The basic stereo sounds pretty bad.The blind spots on this car are horrible, the A pillar, rear view, side view are all limited. The steering feel is much more power assisted than my e90, not worse, not better just different. I think it is the electric PS pump? What's the deal with that dot matrix looking orange readout for the odometer and gear shift indicator? It looks like something from 20 years ago. Sure the car handles quite well but the tradeoffs are something i could never live with. Give me 4 doors and a sunroof!Needless to say, I made the correct decision by purchasing the e90.