View Single Post
      05-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #33
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

In our minds eye most people over a given age and experience have a good idea as to what they are looking for in a life partner.
For some it's exact features such as height, weight, hair and eye color and income.
While others are a little more flexible in what they deem to be "mr" or "ms" right.

I've been married once, divorced once, dated quite a bit and i'm comfortable knowing what i'm looking for in a life partner. I also have many female friends who also are very sure as to what makes them happy....or at least I thought I did.

we are in our mid 30's and everyone is either getting married or getting married and quickly reproducing. And well i see friend after friend "settling" for men who just are not what they are into....and I just don't get it.

Case in point i jokingly asked a good friend who had a thing for visiting chip and dales / magic mike shows in Vegas, now that she is married she must have all the eye candy in the world she ever wanted....her response shocked me...she told me she does not like it when her husband walks out of the shower naked or walked around the bedroom naked and that she tells him to put his clothes on...though she finds him to be a very nice guy and a good husband....she has little to no sexual desire for him for she is not sexually attracted to him.

Another is not only the same but goes as far as to say that she finds her new husband to be boring and dull...

Now that said...i work with engineers.....a world of 90% men and 10% handsome ladies so these guys like caged animals really have no mate choice so they always settle for the token chunky chick though they really want to date the cute girl....and then dream of and lust after her cute friend...10/10 when it comes to creepy
Now engineers hardly qualify as your average man. So i figured I would just ask.

Here is my theory, and add to it if you so wish.
I only have a finite amount of time in this life. Why waste it?
I'll always make more money but i'll never be able to make more time.
So why waste a life with someone who does not make you happy? Why settle? When you have a good idea as to who or what makes you happy?

As for me I think I'm simple
Educated, minimum 4 years of university
Athletic, size 2-8 and able to keep up with me when we rock climb or hike or just go for long walks.
Employed, have a career and have it be significantly higher than a life long waitress? (though I"m sure i'll make an exception for life long stripper?)

Just my thoughts, I appreciate yours and hope you all have a great night.

ps
I have told my friends that if i do ever "settle" for less than what makes me happy...to please slap me around and wake me up! It's what friends should do.
Appreciate 0