335DEE
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPETEZx View Post
That cable is says:
"This cable has been modified to work with BMW cars using both K Line protocols on all BMW cars built before march 2007 when BMW changed the way the information was read from there vehicles from K-Line to D-Can"

Presumably this means it will NOT work with my 2008 LCI e90?

Does this cable read errors etc too?
No , this cable is for pre march 2007 build cars only
Yes it does pretty much everything a dealer can do

Quote:
I've seen this coding/diagnostic kit with software, but am very dubious as its all for under £30, and not sure whether is master/understand the software side of it, however they seem a good seller with good feedback.

I also have this cable and software and have coded all sorts of things with it on my car ( realtime speed in dash , folding mirrors off remote , windows power interrupt disable , Brake force display etc etc)

There is a CANBUS version cable on ebay for post 03/07 cars. item 271133770172

INPA is a great tool for reading and clearing errors and measuring values , it does have some very limited functionality regarding changing /coding stuff ( My boss's old E39 touring's suspension was sagging to one side after having a suspension airbag replaced and using INPA managed to add offsets to realign it. Could have slammed it but i'm sure he wouldn't have been too happy about it !

DIS is a good tool to help you resolve errors

NCSEXPERT is the coding tool. ( you must really understand what you are doing with this tool before you 'play' with it because you could end up with a 1.5 tonne paperweight on your drive) ... Don't expect too much help off experts in this area as you say , some are charging £50 to have mods done.

Last edited by 335DEE; 01-27-2013 at 06:50 AM..
Appreciate 0