12-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #41
nlakind
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 | E30 M3 || '51 Ford F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrymaxima View Post
Man this tread needs to be cleaned up I agree with everyone who said if you don't like the price don't make an offer. Anything is negociable! They're asking 51k I'm sure they would accept a couple grand off. Keep in mind you're getting a car that has been fully modded as oppose to trying to find all these parts yourself, installing, r&d, stained driveways, shipping delays blah blah...

I've ran some figures and this is what I came up with... Average person pays 5 to 15% off of retail. That means a FAIR price to expect a vendor to actually pay is 30% off retail... That means the $32,634 modds cost $22,844.49. Factor in 15% for depreciation for used parts and you are at $19,417.82 for modds in "excellent condition." Jlevi is willing to sell the modds at a flat $15k which is a good deal for those modds. I think the guys are in a uproar because this car is being sold by a vendor and not a private owner. If this car was being sold by one of us getting $15 out of 22k worth of modds including Brembos, Vorsteiner etc... is fair.

The asking price of a 335 minus modds in this condition with 13k miles is open to debate because there's no way BMW is going to back a warranty on this car. Consider that VOIDED so 30 -32k would be more realistic for the car alone. That brings us to $45-47K, 4-6k less than the $51K asking price for us E90posters. If you don't want to shell out that kind of money then get the Porsche. If the vender doesn't want to go under 50k just wait it out until they drop the price!
i will leave your factors & percentages alone because it's xmas eve. but just for the record, the calling bullshit on this car's price has NOTHING to do with him being a vendor, if anything, that has helped his case from ppl like you. if a member, let's take myself for example, tried to sell my 335 that is "FULLY MODDED" & was feat. in 3 MAGAZINES, & shows/awards all over over for $60k i would get heckled 40pages long & so would any other member of this forum, this is a forum where if some body asks 1 question that has been repeated ever in the history of the site, 50 douche's post "Repost" there is no mercy here for members, this guy is getting a lot of fucking slack for him being a vendor.

i would pay $38-40k for this car tomorrow. instead, i'm going to probably buy an m3 & call it a day, i'm done w/ amateur hour, have a good xmas
Appreciate 0