SixDegrees
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
2011 Abarth 500  [0.00]
2007 320D ED drmatic cut-out while driving, now wont start

Hi All,

Looking to see if anyone else has experienced similar. Car is a 2007 320d Ed 177 with 27k on the clock.

Driving at around 30mph, slowing down for a junction when the car jolts/judders like its stalling - though that was in the wrong gear. Then all hell breaks loose on the dash with multiple warning symbols popping up; tyre pressure, cruise control, lights, etc, and it cuts out. No limp mode, reducing in engine speed, just a complete dead stop!

When you remove the key I get the car-up-on-ramps symbol - not good!

I switched off and tried to start it up again, but nothing. Car turns over, lots of juice going to the starter but not firing up. Not that knowledgeable with diesel but in petrol terms it like it not got any spark or no fuel, everything else seems fine, lights, p/steering, etc but no servo on the brake.

Heard that it might be a crank sensor, fuel pump or maybe ECU disconnected.

Any help is appreciated. Going to call BMW tomorrow, but fear the £££ as warranty ran out last Oct. Don't expect this with a car of 27k miles and full BMWSH.

Thanks

PS - BIG thanks to mate Adam for the tow back to the house, I was only about a mile down the road when it happened.
2007 [57] 320d M-Sport Touring
Pre 2007 - GT TDI 4MO, Mk4 R32, A3 TQ, A3T, Cupra R and on and on and on.....
Appreciate 0