03-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #105
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjt View Post
Well, when I said properly mod, I didn't mean just induction and exhaust mods.

I'm not the kind of person that cares to drag race against other cars. All those kill vids you posted are nice but, you won't find me driving at those events. I much prefer tracking my car, as the forces and sustained speeds (over time) are much higher. As such, I'm not going to take a 500+whp sports car to the track without the proper chassis mods.

Brakes, wheels, tires, coilovers, suspension setup, additional cooling, seats, maybe a partial roll cage, maybe a new diff and maybe chassis stiffeners are all going to add up quite fast.

The cars I mentioned are better suited to track duty than an M3. I'd even think that you could mod all three to produce around 500whp and track them safely and successfully with minimal chassis mods (compared to an M3). The numbers may well be much closer, in that case.

Edit: if drag racing was my only concern, I'd forget the M3 and buy an N54 135i. I'd buy a single turbo from Shiv, all the necessary chassis mods, spend even less money than you did and still beat everyone. But, that's just not my style.
My M3 IS a track car and requires nothing else to be extremely capable at the track. Car is only 6 months over and I have over 150 laps at WSIR.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0