04-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #30
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by purity View Post
ok, just one more question.
like in Audison Amp that accept speaker level input.
1) but it does not necessarily means it accept a balanced speaker level input right?

I have not do research but in unbalanced speaker level input the "-" terminal is at 0volts ...

and in balanced speaker level input the "-" terminal is the opposite of the "+" volts value right? ... ie -5volts vs +5volts

b) is the above reason why on some after market amp configuration, some people complain they do not get enough level input to drive the aftermarket amp and making them to crank up the gain on the aftermarket amp?
and this is because even though their aftermarket amp accept speaker level input, but it is not a balanced speaker level input?

Thanks again

3)ps: what brand of aftermarket amp that you know/recommend (except blaupunkt) that accept balanced speaker level input...
(if my assumption/understanding of balance is correct)

Thanks again Technic
1) Yes, high level inputs not necessarily mean that it is balanced compatible.

2) Yes, that could be one of the reasons if the amp does not accept balanced inputs, although it can be worse than just signal level differences: http://e46fanatics.com/faq/stereosaga.html (good read about differential signals in BMW audio systems and aftermarket amps).

3) Alpine PDX, JL Audio, Blaupunkt THA Series (don't underestimate this line, it is pretty good). Or you can use any Audiocontrol processor and use any amp regardless of being compatible or not.
Appreciate 0