purity
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Question regarding Zapco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Not necessarily, as balanced outputs are simply unusual in OEM and aftermarket HU's.
Dear Technic,

May I ask you more question...

I read your post on another thread that Zapco DC Reference model is using a Fully Differential Input Design (Symbilink).and you can connect BMW Speaker Level HU output to this input with 100ohms resistor.

I do some research on those Zapco model today, and found they use a DIN style input.

My question:
a. since this is balanced, does that mean I put one 100ohms resistor on the "+" and one more on the "-" for each
channel?
ie: for front channel Left and Right means I need 4 piece of 100ohms resistor.

b. What is the wattage rating needed for this resistor, so they do not blow up?

c. I put the resistor in SERIES connection, right? so it add resistance to the output?

d. Why you choose 100ohms value? may you provide your calculation?

e. I am thinking of using some Caddock resistor to do this...

f. I notice from Zapco picture that they use a 6 pin DIN connection for every 2 channel... why 6 pin? why not 4 pin,
and I suspect they really follow the 6 pin of the Home Audio Balanced connection AES/EBU?
Do you know the pin designation on this Zapco?

g. since I will connect directly to the DIN input, I do not need to use the included symbilink inline balanced line transmitter, right?

h. another question since this is 6 din pin, do I need to use 100ohms resistor for each of the pin, meaning for Left and Right front channel I need to use 6 pieces of 100ohms resistor???

I love the Zapco spec, since they include a Time Alignment, EQ, Crossover etc etc into each amp.

At first I want to use the Audison LRx but I think this Zapco is much better.(the Audison VRx is also good and better then the LRx, too bad it does not support Speaker level input and does not have time alignment plus I heard that the VRx will have NEWER version because they are OLD).
Appreciate 0