10-14-2013, 03:13 AM   #20
Mech_Man
I'm feeling much better now, Dave
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 (MontegoBlue/Bk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4 View Post
Thanks Mech Man It was indeed the 8 blown fuse.

It seems to be clear that mostly the tire air pump is the ones blowing them. I'm buying several of these fuses. I also plug radar detector in the cig.
Just for curiosity, which ones are "spare" fuses? Don't ask. Right?!
Since you have the same year and model as I, they my fuse charts should work for you.
If you look at:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...14&postcount=8
You'll see the scan (that I colorized) of my fuse layout.
It's only a moderate help, since I was NEVER able to find a legend of the fuse chart symbols. I had to guess and check against the electrical diagrams from the shop manuals, etc to figure out the few I needed to know.

Now, look at:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=429
You'll see a pic of my fuse block.
(The green arrow points to my "fuse-tap" that I added for my hardwired radar detector).

If you look at the top of the photo, you will see a row of fuses that are NOT shown on the fuse chart. On second glance, you can see that they are 90 degrees from the edge fuses, and --- what a coincidence! --- there is one of each capacity.
These are the spares. a 5, 7.5, 10, 30, and 40 amp.
I pulled one out, and confirmed this, by seeing that there was no electrical connection in the fuse block, just something to hold the spare in.
GREAT FEATURE, eh??? I could only wish that they would be ID'ed them as spares a little more clearly, for non-experts like me.
(Also, it's pretty cool they provide a fuse-puller, clipped on the block too).
Appreciate 0