View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #481
gulshan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92-n54

my pre lci IS

I did not know there was a dedicated thread for space grey. Incorrectly posted a thread on bimmerfest in the general section. Cut n pasting from that thread here.
Now that it's warmed up here in the Midwest I finally got a chance to get a few pics taken from one of my friend who has a digital SLR camera. I am a non dyi guy and got most of the stuff done by dealer or Indy shop. I have spent about $29k (price of car + all mods as shown partsnlabor). I am not spending any more on mods like suspension/procede/cobb/jb4 etc. Like most of us here on the forums I eventually hope to get the venerable e92 M3 so just saving towards that goal. For daily driving stock power is providing decent soul satisfaction. e92/n54's started selling in Aug 2006 as 2007 models and my car is one of the first few e92/n54's to roll of the assembly line. Made in July 2006. Low miles bought last year(30k miles- thank you previous owner for all the TLC). When I was test driving various year e92/n54's 2007 thru 2010 for some odd reason the 2007 stock models felt like they had ppk1. (more mojo than newer models. Don't know why.) If there would have been a pre lci IS it would look something like my car !
Mods include
PE with black powder coated 3.5" Dimisa tips (worth it for the spit and burble crackling sound alone. Drone free and sublime, Like it better than the stock IS exhaust)
VHT matte black high temp paint on calipers
VHT high temp silver on the usual rust spots on hub after sanding away the rust.
bms cdv (fixes the kludgy 1-2 shift)
bms drop in filter (diy'd)
18" 313 wheels (on sale at tischer for $350 each). Decided no spacers after researching on these forums.
Michelin PSS go flat tires (full size old front stock wheel in trunk as spare and tied down with hooks in the trunk)
zhp weighted knob (only knob - stock boot)
matte black wrapped kidney grill ring only (slats as is)
matte black wrapped tear drop mirror cups
m pedals ($35 on ebay )
blend mounted beltronics gx65 radar (hardwired)
30% tint on windows
Lightly tinted tail lites and side markers. (dont know % of tint)

Last 2 mods pending
matte black shadowline
bms clutch stop (got part. Plan to diy)

Thanks to all forum members for all the valuable info and posts on various topics.Have a good summer.

Mystical poplar grey. Never will i wrap this beautiful trim in cheap CF

Dont toss your old tips. Think green. Little masking tape/cardboard and you have two pen holders for home and office

Appreciate 0