United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I tend to do this as well. If an enthusiast comes up to me and asks specifically how much the CP-E exhaust costs because they want to buy one, I'll happily give them the info. I would also tell a real estate agent how much I paid for my house if it came up in conversation. That's just industry talk. What I think is rude is when someone walks up to someone driving a nice car and just straight out asks how much it cost them. I just don't understand why they need to know other than to judge the person they are asking.

I also have no problem when speaking amongst enthusiasts about specifics. However, the question I find annoying tends to come from completely random people. The question being, "how much does that cost you per month?" I was asked that question all the time when I first got my 135. I don't get it, do the people asking this question think there is a set monthly payment on a given car and are wondering if they can afford it? I guess they just don't understand that a monthly payment can vary based on the down payment, lease vs. finance, interest rate, or just no payment at all if the car is paid for in cash.