05-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #228
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp3347 View Post
Well i just thought i would report back to you guys now that I am finally home after that fuckin crazy weekend.

on thursday i was heading up to zdayz and i got a nail in a run flat... this made me decide to get non run flats (sumitomo htr z 3's 235 front/265 rear) which was one of the best decisions ive ever made. The car performed amazingly well on the dragon all weekend (which btw was not busy at all). This is literally the first time i can really say that i drove the car hard for an extended period and i loved it. It really makes me not want to sell it but thats not really an option.

Anyways obviously the weekend was filled with lots of drinking which led to my burning of about 5 gallons of methanol in various shapes in the street at the cabins. Ill throw up a link to a picture in a minute but i think its gonna be the intro to the zdayz website in the near future.

Edit : here is the first Z i did (keep in mind this is ~8' x 8')

Another thing though is that i really think we should organize a bmw meet up there. That place is so much fun and if we could get a lot of people up there with some sponsors it wouldnt even have to be expensive. The cabin rates where we stayed (Fontana Village) are very reasonable and the driving and scenery (ala fontana dam) are absolutely incredible. I cannot stress enough how fun it was and i am definitely going to zdayz every year. Even the drive up/back from atlanta was fun as hell ESPECIALLY if you take 19 all the way up.

I dont know how interested you guys are in going but I would love to help organize something like zdayz for us BMW guys. It is way too fun not to do every year.
My family has a estate in Waynesville, NC aka entrance 4 of the Parkway. It's straight up 985 through Gainesville and Rabuns Gap.

EDIT: Cool just saw your pictures! Looks good!
Appreciate 0