01-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
The_Bear_Yid
BM Noob
England
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronseal View Post
Hi mate, thanks, it was a very nice clean car. As for how fast it was... It was a different type of speed to the BMW, I felt like I was in a go-kart, had a great nippy 2.0 turbo engine, where as the 325 is like a charging bull, once you get it going a bit...
Yeah it is quick but can take winding up at times. Definitely feels restricted when the 330i produces 280 odd bhp with an extra half a litre.

The Mk1 TT was on my wanted list for ages, just not too practical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I'd recommend getting a DA polisher, so much easier.

I use Menzerna PO203S for the first stage polish with a white lake county pad, and then Menzerna PO85RD with a blue lake county pad for the second. This is a pretty light combination so it won't be too abrasive. I also have an orange pad for any areas that do not come out. Then i seal with a few layers of Menzerna Power Lock and then wax a couple of layers with Dodo Juice Purple Haze, and then top up the wax every few weeks. I had a Monaco Blue E90 so similar colour and it looked very nice after, some people thought i bought a new car!

I'd also recommend getting some Chemical Guys Wash and Gloss, which will remove any previous waxes/sealants before you start your detail.
I've think I've got a CG wash or shampoo, man you don't need much of that stuff per bucket!
Appreciate 0