View Single Post
      01-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #47
Killerfish2012
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
To be fair, you had an A/T 335 with no tune and no LSD. In that ballpark, I don't think anyone would disagree with you.

I guess I was confused about your cost/weight/reliability argument since every single post has been about how much faster it was.
The 335I is best suited for the highway. In the end, I'm happy with my purchase, here at 100K+ miles. I had a 400 mile/week commute to work and at one point I averaged 30+mpg highway, after changing out my rear diff fluid. Great times. On the track however, the car was/is a money hole from hell, being very very sensitive to the most little mechanical issues, when tracked. Yes, I have an AT, and yes, I am now able to destroy even E90 M3s, but it definitely is something that I tracked for fun, and not for pure speed/times, so I'm not that bitter.

This will probably be my last year owning this vehicle. I will slap on an LSD early march, and set personal best times at some local tracks. After this it's on to a more track worthy vehicle. I like cheap, domestic, and V8, so I'm leaning towards the 2011 Stang GT, or 06/07 Z06. I don't want another BMW, or even another german car in general.
Appreciate 0