DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
The 335I is best suited for the highway. In the end, I'm happy with my purchase, here at 100K+ miles. I had a 400 mile/week commute to work and at one point I averaged 30+mpg highway, after changing out my rear diff fluid. Great times. On the track however, the car was/is a money hole from hell, being very very sensitive to the most little mechanical issues, when tracked. Yes, I have an AT, and yes, I am now able to destroy even E90 M3s, but it definitely is something that I tracked for fun, and not for pure speed/times, so I'm not that bitter.

This will probably be my last year owning this vehicle. I will slap on an LSD early march, and set personal best times at some local tracks. After this it's on to a more track worthy vehicle. I like cheap, domestic, and V8, so I'm leaning towards the 2011 Stang GT, or 06/07 Z06. I don't want another BMW, or even another german car in general.
Other than heat related to your A/T, what type of issues have you had? I've had the usual misfires due to plugs/coils and weird tune issues. It "seems" to be pretty well sorted right now but it does always seem to be some little nagging issue.

I created a few maps in ATR with misfire detection disabled so that I can get through a track day at 14psi if need be, created some E30 14-15psi maps based on the E30 race maps that Cobb provided (also with misfire detection disabled) so that I have some buttons to push if I needed to get through a track day. Also got a few spare coils, a fresh set of plugs, a spare vanos solenoid, and the usual extra oil/water/brake fluid.

This isn't out of the ordinary for tracked cars; I needed spares for my C5 Z06 also. I actually blew a motor in that car at the track due to oil starvation (spun a bearing @ just less than 30psi oil pressure in a long left. )

The E36 M3 is a great vehicle I'm just wanting info on the 335i issues, and clarifying points made.
Appreciate 0