View Single Post
      10-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
No offense taken, your observations are spot on. But weak is a relative term, and in my case for "around town and back country road fun" the Dinan 13 psi offered is plenty plus the fact that it came with a backing warranty was very important to me, so I considered it money well spent when I picked up the stage 2 flash. But when I was looking to tweak what I have, adding an intake or exhaust(likely next steps) I was unpleasantly surprised by the exorbitant cost asked of Dinan loyalist to just add a few extra hp/tq. And even more so if one considers the stage 3 which adds another .5 psi at a whopping 10k total price tag. Wow!

Just a bit of venting I guess and looking for advise to the second part of my original post, where to spend less and get more. My guess an FMIC is next, to which might or might not be Dinan sourced but it's my belief that this will add the next best bang for the buck towards an improved driving experience.

I appreciate your considerate approach in responding to my post!
If you're looking for performance the FMIC is next upgrade without a doubt. The OEM unit if fairly restrictive and very efficient. As far as which one to pick, that just depends on how much you want to spend. For the average tuned N54 any FMIC is a huge improvement and will perform similarly. Keep in mind however, that without a Dinan tune to really take advantage of the upgraded IC than the performance gains are going to be more "staying power" rather than "seat of the pants."

Last edited by Ænema; 10-05-2012 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 0