01-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonic View Post
Stage 1: Excitement.... in coming to the realization that this will be my next car. I've owned a 2001 X5 4.4 so I'm familiar with the "bugs" these cars have. BTW, the issues with the 335 PALE in comparison to the early model X5's...and nothing was TSA'd, recalled or BMWNA Goodwill'd. I replaced pretty much every electrical and mechanical device/component but the engine and transmission at least twice and both THOSE were puking fluids! Literally too many things replaced to list. Sold it with about 255K miles...bought it with about 60K on it so I put it through it's paces. But....still loved driving that beast. It got me faded yo. Stage duration: 7 months. 7 glorious months of researching specs, posting pics of appealing color schemes on twitter, following 335/M3 fanboys on instagram and ghost-trolling these forums. Just glorious.

Stage 2: Guilt and Remorse....(Internal reflections)>>Why am I getting a coupe? I have a wife and kid for the love of god! Think of the wife and kid...and dog! Fido can sit back there. You won't LET fido set back there. Don't be so selfish..yo. Look at the IS350. I know it sux b@lls and is as soul-less as a Vespa but...but it'll be worry free...just look at the ES300 you're driving now (wife's hand-me-down). Has about 220K miles on it and you've had to replace nothing but your pride. At least ask the wife...see what she says. (Wife says get the coupe..) Stage duration: 2 weeks

Phase 3: Acceptance..and Excitement revisited....in realizing this will be my next car. Already planning road trips which probably won't happen. Contemplating mods which will probably decrease the life of the engine. Imaging which pic angles I'll post first... The X5 felt fun. Like riding a bike for the first time. And just solid. Hard to describe the feeling of driving these beasts. Test drove the 335 Xdrive (2010). Just felt tight. Phase duration: Unknown. Still in this phase. Hopefully I'll stay here until I get the beast within the next 4 weeks or so.

Did any of the current owners experience similar stages/phases and are you still having "Fun"? Probably a loaded question but WTH...
I went through the excitement for a few months...that turned to guilt as I began to learn of BMW drivers rep . That turned to anger as it started to break down.....HPFP, injectors (3 at a time because they refused to do them all at once even though they knew the other 3 would go...and they did), radio died, hvac fan, every steering component...etc etc. Happy again...its gone.
Appreciate 0