Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
Can you describe the difference in feel on track with the LSD vs. open diff? This is the first car I've had that came with an open diff and now I have an LSD. It feels dramatically different on the street but I haven't made it to the track yet.
It's a very different way to drive the car at it's limits. You have allot more exit speed/potential but with some care and taking notice of simple hints the car is telling you. I did sub-frame bushings and swaybar (not sure if you did). But the car's allot more oversteer happy, nothing uncontrollable just have to pay attention to it.

If you go into a corner too hot, and feels like the car's drifting out (understeering on you), it's a great sense of control, tapping the throttle and having the car rotate. With an open diff, I could never manage to do this, it'll just spin the inside wheel as you know.

When you're at the apex, or just before, you'll feel the difference in throttle input right away and power to the ground. Car actually glides through those apexes now, it really is something to experience from the Open diff side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Ah, I see. I'm at 102K miles, and I have a bolted diff, so its a much simpler install. Was just wondering if I would need these other parts:

Part #'s
With those miles and if you have the parts, might as well. However, all I did was order the Diff and Axle seals. According to Fred at ER that's all I needed and he seems have been right.