View Single Post
      03-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Post Is This Right For Police To...

i am 17 with a 335i coupe living in ny state with a junior license. i was driving back from a friend's house around 3:45 am. driving down the street to make the turn into my street i noticed a cop right be hind me following. as soon as i turn into my street the cop puts his spot light on me and lights are on. i pull over and roll down the window.

officer comes over and asks...license and registration please...and i politely ask what did i do wrong? he says im pulling you over for driving with your fog lights and i was like WHAT?!?!? when seriously they were off lol. the conversation went on he went back to his car checked insurance, etc and asked me what is the other license you have in your wallet. i showed him my permit which i also carried with me along with my junior driver's license.

he explained to me i wasn't supposed to drive after 9pm. i didn't know this as i was driving out of state and whenever when i had my permit anyhow. so the conversation went on and the cop tells me i am not allowed to carry more then one identification on me and i could get a ticket for it. is this true b/c the cop took my permit and never gave it back. the end result was nothing, no charges, etc as he let me go.

my question was the officer right about the more then 1 identity issue and did he have the right to keep my permit? what happens to my permit is it posted in the police station or something so if i get caught again i am in serious stuff or just a one time thing?

help please thank you.
Appreciate 0