Dansgray335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6 speed

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Now to add some style to it...

So i've done this to alot of my cars, and i've recieved mixed reactions. Most of the recent ones were that "it's played out". But I dont really care, because like I said before. I have been doing it to my cars for years now and i've always liked what $80 can do to add a little "flavor" to the car haha So without further adue... Here is the process I went through to recoat my wheels black!

First, I acid cleaned the wheels... I'm not sure what TYPE of acid it is, but my brother works at a wheel company and he gave me some of it. It's amazing to say the least. it will take off ANY grime you can imagine. If you leave it on chrome for more than a minute it'll BURN the chrome. haha Serious shit to say the least. And for guys with dry hands wear gloves. Cause it'll mess ya up haha. but yeah. I gave them a good acid clean. Followed by a good sanding with 480 grit sand paper I believe. I usually do a orbital hand sander, but I really wanted these to turn out good so I did them by hand. It takes forever and will make your forearms like the hulk, but it always will look better IMO. Then I did a finer grit wet sand. Washed em up. let them completely dry (to avoid fish eye's) then gave them three coats of Primer, waiting 15 min per coat. Then I did 5 coats of black, and 3 coats clear. Let me know what ya think! I love the look and I am not really sure I wanna bring up the rim size just because I think 18'' is a good all around size, and it is hard/expensive to buy TRACK tires for anything bigger.

But yeah, here are some pics. Also, one more thing. I took out the roundel center caps and took them apart (there are like 4 clips on the sides of them to take off the front rings) and I painted the rings. I think it makes them look MUCH cleaner and not alot of people (i've never seen it done before) do it.
Attached Images