oshusttoley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny347
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshusttoley View Post
so i have an 08 e90. every couple days my when i start my car i get "increased battery dischange" shows up on my nav screen. does this mean i need a new battery soon? also the clock resets everytime and its getting annoying lol. If i do need a new a battery, what one do i need from like advanced auto or pepboys? i rather not spend 500 at bmw.... also i heard i need to register the new battery...how do i go about doing this? sorry if this has been posted before but i really dont know a lot about this kind of stuff. i just drive my car lol. i dont know a lot of technical stuff about it.
Sounds like a battery taking a crap. How is it starting? Does it start slowly? My battery was built in 2007 so it was not original to the car but still 5 years old. It was starting slowly the colder it got outside. I researched replacement batteries and finally settled on the Bosch 94R-730B sold at Pep Boys for $160 or so. It is white like the BMW battery and exactly the same size. Its CCA is slightly higher on the new battery. I went from 640CCA to 730CCA. I have a Bavarian Tech cable and the program allowed me to register the new battery. It is about a 30 min job start to finish.
Its starts perfectly fine. What model BMW do u have? And does it matter if the one ubuy is higher output?