United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i, 05 325Ci (RIP)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
Have you checked the coolant level?
Yes sir, that's how I know the coolant is not low, haha. It WAS low when it came on initially, but I put a 50/50 mix of BMW coolant and distilled water in and have it filled to almost the bulge in the bobber stick marked "full", and even though I believe that light resets itself, all faults have been cleared since then and it keeps coming back. Could the problem actually be that I'm just barely below the full line? I ruled that out because it seems a little ridiculous. And I'm relatively sure I don't have air in the system because I ran my heater on high with the cap open for a couple minutes, and my heater has been working just as well as it was before.

I should also mention that I blew my water pump in the middle of BFE on the way to the beach over the summer, and drove a total of I think 70 miles (drive for 10 minutes, stop and pop the hood for 20. it took awhile. haha) trying to keep the car from actually being warm enough to need the cooling system. It wasn't a smart decision but I had to get somewhere to get it fixed, and I planned out that drive well enough to avoid causing any additional damage, so it worked out. It did release the pressure built up in the system through the expansion tank cap when the pump went out, but it has been fine since.
Appreciate 0