02-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graphite/Terra 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1973 View Post
- You have the light switch on Low beams (one click to the right from 0)
- Meaning angle eyes Only are on.
- You switch off the car, leaving the light switch on low beam and then when you exist your car you have the ringer alerting you to the light swith in on position.
- You get out, close the door (low beams still on) and lock the car via remote.
The parking lamps will only shut off automatically if the light switch is in the position AUTO or 2 (lights on). If it's on 0 or the lights weren't on when the car shut off, then the parking lights won't be on. If the switch is on pos. 1 then the parking lights will stay on indefinitely (or at least until the car goes to sleep after 16 mins or the battery gets to the engine starting limit, is my understanding).
Quote:
-The first coding you did then permits to switch off the low beams(lights) no matter what setting the switch is, correct via the remote lock car feature?
As I understand it, the first code enables the CA lighting, which includes the puddle lights after unlock, and changes when the SL (standlicht=parking lamp) is supposed to shut off. I assume wert_04 means with KL15 and wert_01 means upon locking.
Quote:
- The last piece of coding is just to remove the warning of the light switch on upon opening the door or leaving the car, correct?
Right. This disables the "lamp on warning" so that the KOMBI doesn't ding at you when the parking lights are still on.

Quote:
Now a doubt, if the light switch is on the low beam setting when you lock the car, that means that when you unlock it the angel eyes come on?
If so, I believe you have found a walk around for us FRM1 guys that want welcome lights
These settings don't enable the parking lights upon unlocking. On my car the puddle lights under the door handles are the only lights to active when I unlock (maybe interior lights too). And as far as I've found there is no way to change this without a) rewiring the lights you want on or b) replacing the FRM with NFRM.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm glad to help. Also, if you'd like to post your FRM trace I'd be happy to compare it to mine so that we can figure out the differences. When I changed this on mine I didn't have to change the COMFORT_ACCESS_LICHT setting probably because my car was setup with CA (I have the option).
Appreciate 0