View Single Post
      09-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #10
tolkino
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM E92 328i xDrive

I think my post was a bit confusing. If you want the full m-tech conversion you would have to pay around that much $10k (To the dealer, or other suppliers, Paint job, installation) but that doesnt necessarily mean that you can sell those parts for as much money. For example as Alan stated, the rims/tires he sold are worth $4000-5000 from the dealership but he sold them for $1700.

Honestly, I dont know if anybody would be willing to pay around that much. But you would definitely get more than what you pay for it, if you find a good market. There is a demand for it since this option was not available couple months ago.

M package in Canada includes:

M Sport Package, Sport Seats (includes electrically adjustable seat width), High-Gloss Shadow Line, Anthracite Roof Liner, Aluminum Glacier Silver Trim, M Sport Steering Wheel, M Aerodynamic Package, 18" M Star Spoke Alloy Wheels - Style 193M. (Includes High Speed Maximum)

Basically, (for xi) it is the existing sport package + Silver trim, M sport steering wheel, M Aerodynamic Package, and 193M's. So those are the parts you could sell. Logically you would be able to earn money from this but people on this forum dont like paying whats worth, therefore you really need to find the buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchan View Post
what do you mean by $10K from the dealer?
The M package is an optional $3900 extra if you are buying a new car, they will give you the items.
unless we are talking about 2 different things here.
Can someone tell us what a factory M package should have in Canada?

What I am saying is:
if someone really want the M package upgrade, it will cost him $10K
here it is, I will swap with you for your stock ones, take them from my car only if you have the same color exterior and you pay me $7000

I only pay $3900 + taxes, am I ahead of the game by making at least $2500?

Is there a high demand with this M package accessories?
will someone willing to pay $7000?
I guess most of us are leasing and don't want to spend that kind of money
Appreciate 0