View Single Post
      03-14-2012, 04:12 AM   #10
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Well I think my flirtation with WP7/Nokia is over before it really started. I decided to jump on the official Nokia support forum last night, somewhere I haven't been since tearing my hair out with the N9x phones. One of my major gripes with Nokia at that time was that they promised much but delivered little. Especially when it came to support software or enhancements such as workable Bluetooth streaming or nav. Their PC software suites were also buggy and amateurish at best. At the time I formed the opinion that Nokia couldn't run a piss up in a brewery and moving to the iPhone was a revelation.

Firstly the site wouldn't display correctly with IE9, compatibility view or not. I dismissed this as a minor niggle. Secondly I spent quite a while crafting a carefully thought out enquiry containing my questions and concerns. Hit submit and 'an unexpected error occurred'. Lost it. I went a bit spastic.

Now I know that I shouldn't really judge based on this but I took it as a sign. I think I was touched by the hand of Jobs. He sent an angel to remind me what a shower Nokia are.

And mark my words. If Windows Phone sinks it won't be anything to do with Microsoft, Steve Ballmer, Android or Apple. It will be those Finnish fuckwits.
Appreciate 0