01-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
MSport35TT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335ix  [1.50]
Would it be a good idea to leave it on/re install when bringing the car in for service if your are under warranty? Will this method solve questions raised by your SA due to bad o2 reading and CEL (w/out a dp fix and cat-less dps) if your just going in for scheduled maintenance?

A more to the point question: Will using a BMS DP fix allow you to leave cat-less down pipes on while under warranty when having to get an oil change or breaks done at BMW and have a good chance that your warranty will not be voided?

I understand that the tech. will prob hear/see that the cats were removed but since the "DP Fix" removes the check engine light there would be no reason to hook it up to the scanner?

If the tech. does hook the car up to the scanner just as a routine check up on the car, does the "BMS dp fix" hide the fault codes of a missing cat?

Reason for so many questions because I search and tryed asking this in a previous thread with no luck. I am not concerned with passing emissions, I simply want to know if this is a good protection idea against the Dealership voiding my warranty. I understand its not a guarantee just want to see if its worth a shot at trying.

Thank you
Appreciate 0