05-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #45
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Indeed . I love it, so much more ME than the 3-Series was, I always felt too young to have that car but I was in love with the engine, that was the trouble. For some odd reason I overlooked the 135i, I don't know why because it's fantastic. I wouldn't say that quality was down on the 3-Series at all, the thing is loaded and is just as well built. It just some how feels 'younger' & fresh inside rather than the somewhat refined and classy feel of the 3-Series. Obviously handling is better, acceleration is quicker, turning is sharper but then it's a much smaller car, shorter wheel base, tigher suspension & with the same engine. All boxes ticked really and TBH the ultimate N54 car would have to be the 1M IMO, I don't think a 3er would ever trump it...M3 excluded.

I'm yet to try the COBB so who knows, it's plenty quick as it is and with a tune it'll surely be an M3 match/beater in a straight line.
Wait until the 'new' 135i appears.
Now that is a car I would buy in a heartbeat.
The F20 is streets ahead, but the current 125i even with a tune is only 265bhp or so.
Just not enough in such a heavy chassis.
Waiting

IKWYM about the 1'er though.
It was the first BMW I tested, a 135i coupe in orange.
But I couldnt get on with the cramped pedal box in the manual and found a 3er right after.
I'll agree its not as nimble in comparison, similar weight and all so cant quite finger why it feels so much better...