02-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #129
GChase
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapptastic
Okay, several things here. That's all wonderful that you're an amazing student, but that doesn't seem remotely possible for you to be taking 10 APs with the rest being honors. Typical school day only has 6/7 periods. Plus, it's also not possible (atleast where I am) to take APs or honors in your freshman year, also making me wonder if your claim to all of your other classes being honors is even possible. Second, that's great that you have supposedly a 4.0 unweighted, but that's not necessary for Cal Poly which is my #1. Third, you said that you paid for a third of your car. I'm going to take a wild guess that a teenager isn't financing his car and say that the other two thirds are coming from your parents, which when you break down the costs and all, proportionally, I've already almost paid for a third of my car. Just because you're apparently perfect, doesn't mean you have the right to say people don't deserve things cause they didn't do what you did. You are the kid that people think of when they hear about a teenager driving a BMW, cocky, braggish, and arrogant beyond belief. Just give it a break and go enjoy your car that you worked SO DAMN hard for.
Sorry, one typo drastically changed the meaning of my response. It should be "I've* taken" not "I'm taken." And yes, I've taken 10 in high school. You are correct that you can't take any freshman year. I took 1 Soph. year, 3 junior year, and I'm taking 6 currently. The rest of my classes are honors. Please just ask if you'd like me to bore you with my exact schedule.

For your third point, it's completely normal for upper middle class parents to pay for your car. But mine also wanted to teach my responsibility at the same time. They didn't really want to spend over $10k, so they told me they'd double what I paid.

Congrats for your ad hominem at the end there, really proved your point by saying I'm a Dbag. My point was your parents got you that car because they could financially, which is fine. But, no parents would reward a kid for almost straight B's with a nice BMW.
Appreciate 0