View Single Post
      08-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

First of all congrats on getting your car back, I'm guessing it was the space grey one that went missing up North. I've got Rob Beck hybrids from the USA on my car. They worked out a fair bit cheaper than the TD versions and they use all the original BMW hardware including oil and water lines. The turbos cost me under £2.5k all in delivered to the UK. The RB turbos are equivalent to the TD Stage 2s which are $1700+vat each. Standard turbos from BMW are about £1k+vat last time I checked.

TD are a UK based company so you will have better customer service and warranty and I'm sure they will be able to help you out with your queries.

I've said it before, unless you are running methanol and really pushing the standard turbos then upgrading them is pretty pointless. At the same boost, the RBs make 40whp more than standards. Fit a meth kit with standard turbos and you will see excellent gains for much less.

Can't help you on the Vishnu tuning side, read up in the N54 engine side of the forum and you should be able to learn how to tweak your own car.
Appreciate 0