Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
The short answer is the sound of the Toyota motor. A friend had an Exige (non S) and it just sounded terrible. Safety too, I love small cars, but Lotus cut some corners and had to get some federal exceptions for those little things.

Finally, the Exige understeered a lot more than I would have expected, it was far from balanced. Balanced is a Boxster.
I had an Exige (also non S) for several years. I put an intake on it and it sounded great! Others were putting a Larini system on theirs and those really sounded beast. There's only so much you can do to make a 4cyl sound good though...

As far as handling, I've never been in a car that handled better than the Exige. I could take virtually any turn at any speed and it was completely glued to the pavement.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0